VSC refuses to give information

MyGC2004

Registered Users (C)
I called VSC through the TIP and the lady there refused to give me any information and told me to call National Customer Service.
I'm just wondering how several of you guys got responses from VSC. I asked for information on my pending 485 (she took the EAC number), was it not the right approach?

what was your RD ..??? was there any special reasons for your enquiry ?
If it was for a mere "status enquiry" you shud've done it thru the customer service.

Again, please don't just call the Vermont Service Centre just to check the status of your I485 cases and also if you ND has not passed the Official VSC Processing time. This will basically irritate the rep and they will log it in your file that might cause unnessary delays going forward. I am saying this after talking to lots of other forum members.

So use your judgement and act accordingly!

My RD is 03/03 also

But I talked to a very nice gentleman who was able to tell me that my case along with my wife's case was sent to FBI name check on Aug 12th 2004.

geemboomba

geemboomba,
When you call them, what exactly did you say to him. Did you just say that you are looking for information on your case? How did you start the conversation?
Thanks

This is what I did

I followed the tip. I told the person I spoke to that I was afraid that my case and my wife's case may have been separated since we have very different case status messages online. I think it all depends on the person you get. The one I spoke to patiently answered all the questions I had.
Good luck

In my view don’t bother customer service by using TIP unless and until your case is pending for a long time or you have an issue.

Otherwise the only door (TIP) to reach customer service will be in jeopardy

March 2003 case

I donot mean to offend anybody.
But I see an issue with my application when VSC doesn't process application with RD March 2003 and processing March 2004 applications.

MYGC,,,
I understand, actually there is no good pattern in which the applications are getting processed. On one side there were many cases pending before june 19 2003 (USCIS processing Dates), on the other side there were many cases which approved or in the process of approval until March 04..

God only knows what these F's are doing.