VSC processing (Boston)

jp2007

Registered Users (C)
My wife and me applied for citizenship

Our ESC*XXX numbers are approximately 150 numbers apart, even though I mailed the forms in the same envelope.

Priority dates - 01/08/2007 (both have the same priority date)
My FP date - 01/31/2007 (went for it today)
Wife's FP - 02/01/2007 (she'll go tomorrow)

Is it common for them to call husband/Wife separately?
I am wondering if this implies that we will be called separately for the interview too. Anyone in this situation? Any advise ??? Should I send a letter requesting them to atleast schedule our interview on the same day?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Each case is treated individually. Their timelines may be independent of each other too. For e.g. your wife may get scheduled for interview before you do. It is absolutely normal. The only way you can assure they move together is if you ask USCIS to treat them as companion cases. Don't know if it still is available as an option or not. You may want to do more research on that. There is a disadvantage of companion case processing though. If one of you get stuck in Name check or any other problem, the other one's application will get stuck too. So consider all the advantages/disadvantages before you decide....

Hope this helps.

Check my timeline you might get an idea. We mailed our application in one packet and our receipt numbers were 3 numbers apart!

an explanation of why the numbers are far apart (wink)

my Guess is that the numbers are assigned by the USCIS software application or mainframe program in a logical order, but with dozens of officers entering applications into the system and giving out numbers at once, your number might be ESC00000190214 and by the time your family member's case number is entered, twenty officers have entered 50 numbers each, so the wife gets number 10000 plus yours...