VSC - I485 Dates moved to March 2005!!

does the dates make any sense

My 485 ND is Feb 2004 but I did not get FP yet. Mine is EB2 case. Is there anything I can do to expedite the case .
Thanks

huh ....!!!! AUg 2003 filer still waiting ... tried everything ... all pre-requisites for 485 adjudication completed.....still waiting...check my signature !!!!!

sn99 said:
My 485 ND is Feb 2004 but I did not get FP yet. Mine is EB2 case. Is there anything I can do to expedite the case .
Thanks

orangetreats said:
huh ....!!!! AUg 2003 filer still waiting ... tried everything ... all pre-requisites for 485 adjudication completed.....still waiting...check my signature !!!!!

Apply for EAD, that might force them to dust off your file and get u approved ASAP.

adyav said:
Apply for EAD, that might force them to dust off your file and get u approved ASAP.

I got my 485 approved a few days ago and I had applied for EAD renewal a few weeks ago.
I was scared the dates were moving close to my filing date and there was no activity, and then..boom..I get the approval.

Nawabjee,

You are very lucky ....

Can you tell me what dates you got your 485 approved and what dates you filed your EAD application ? Is there really a link between "485 application" and "EAD approvals" ???

regards

nawabjee said:
I got my 485 approved a few days ago and I had applied for EAD renewal a few weeks ago.
I was scared the dates were moving close to my filing date and there was no activity, and then..boom..I get the approval.

I140/485 Rd 2/9/04 ,fp 1/7/05

The date have moved to March 25 2004 but we filed I140/485 on 9 FEB 2004. So as per the dates we have already passed the 30 day time period.
We have done our finger printing on 1/7/05. Does anybody have an idea that is there anyway we can contact uscis to enquire abt our case. I tried calling at 1800 375 5283 but have no option of transfering to customer service
representative

Last edited by a moderator:
I have applied for AP/EAD renewal in Nov, 2004. Try to get emergency AP from Newark and did not receive it. Called 1-800 number in VC did not get any information. What should I do?

orangetreats said:
Nawabjee,

You are very lucky ....

Can you tell me what dates you got your 485 approved and what dates you filed your EAD application ? Is there really a link between "485 application" and "EAD approvals" ???

regards

Indeed I am lucky and thankful to God. I can feel for those who are still waiting.
I sent out EAD renewal apps sometime second week of Feb and 485 approved second week of Mar.
Although I have seen many cases where people have gotten 3 EADs and still no activity.
Its a mystery. I an not sure if there is a link.

What does this message mean?

- 485 file date July'2003.
- EAD approved Feb'2004 and renewed again in Dec'2004 for validity till Feb'2006
- I-140 approval in May'2004
- Did finger printing in Sep'2004

Still not received approval for 485. I did check for my status with USCIS and got the follwoing message. Can someone tell me what it means?

Current Status:
On September x, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

coowboy said:
- 485 file date July'2003.
- EAD approved Feb'2004 and renewed again in Dec'2004 for validity till Feb'2006
- I-140 approval in May'2004
- Did finger printing in Sep'2004

Still not received approval for 485. I did check for my status with USCIS and got the follwoing message. Can someone tell me what it means?

Current Status:
On September x, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

check if the FBI name check is cleared. You might be the victim of USCIS/FBI arrogance of not accepting their communication problem. I would have been approved in July 2004 but for this nonsense. Now got stuck in EB3 retrogression.... :mad: :mad:

rajudm said:
check if the FBI name check is cleared. You might be the victim of USCIS/FBI arrogance of not accepting their communication problem. I would have been approved in July 2004 but for this nonsense. Now got stuck in EB3 retrogression.... :mad: :mad:

how to find out about FBI namecheck,if it is being issued or not?

goven said:
how to find out about FBI namecheck,if it is being issued or not?

It is very tricky...

1) Write to FBI asking for status....(format of the letter is available on the forum).
2) They will say if it is still pending or some case 'No request from USCIS'
3) Using 'No Request' response do an expedite request to USCIS and also make a congressmen enquiry telling them the 'No Request....'
4) In this process somehow USCIS will re-initiate name check.

However if it is pending with FBI then only way to ask FBI to expedite check..which they may or may not do.....
It may take almost 3 to 4 months before you get an answer one way or other......this whole process is something similar to a blind person explaining how a elephant looks..... ;) ;)