VSC, I-140 any approvals

skusa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Any approvals from VSC. still waiting for my EB1-OR, ND may 17th.

I want to know about this new rule by which one can apply for I-485 simultaneously when I-140 is pending. My question is how much the authenticity of getting I-485 approved, how long will it take? and what if the I-140 is denied???

thank you

80-100 days

The receipt notice says 80-100 days but the avm says 90-180days message.
Is it ok to go ahead for filling I-485, I am still confused, I read on a web site its risky?

I don't think it's risky in any sense. But, if you have any doubts about approval of I-140, you can wait for a month until the approval notice comes out. But, in the mean time you can prepare all the stuff (documents, medical etc.) ready - so that you can file as soon as the approval comes. BTW, I'm going to follow the approval-then-485 path.

Those who are on the brink of running out their visa etc. will do better to file 485 asap while their I-140 is pending.

Concurrent FIling of I-140 and I-485

There is no risk in doing the concurrent filing...Only benefits! The only caveat is that you cannot do the Consular Processing. If your I-140 gets rejected, you'll lose the filing fees that you send to INS and you'll have to file both I-140 and I-485 all over again.

I too am in the process of sending out my EB1-OR application. Could you tell me what did you include in your application? I will greatly appreciate it if you can FAX me some examples of recommendation letters.
Goodluck!
:)
-krsn1
krsn1@yahoo.com
Wyeth Research
FAX-978-247-2731

come on guys. please share if you filed EB-1
petition in Feb/March/April/May etc of this year
and when it was approved, or if you are still waiting for approval. please share some information.

filed in jan..rfe in march

i replied to rfe in june and then my NIW was approved. I don't know if this information is of help to you.

what does your receipt notice indicate for processing time (I'm just having a wild hope that they will process within the max time written on your receipt notice - not AVM) ?