VSC FP Received

sri18

Registered Users (C)
Received FP notice yesterday. PD Oct 99, RD Sep 00, ND Oct 00 EB2 India. Also my wife\'s EAD was approved on Dec 18.

No Title

Nice to hear that. Can you post your exact RD & ND. I heard that processing is done on the basis of ND. If that is true then is that VSC has also started Oct cases?

No Title

I mistook to be 99. You applied in 2000. No wonder you got so soon. Anyway congrats for speedy approval.

No Title

RD Sep 00 ND Oct 00 FP scheduled Jan 01
My wife\'s EAD approved.
How long it takes to get EAD???

Kiran

No Title

Thomas,

Sorry to trouble you, but I found one of your messages where you wrote that you were going abroad in October with H1 visa but without I485 receipt. Did you travel succefully? Did that travel affect the AOS anyhow?

Thanks a lot!

No Title

I traveled with valid H1 stamp and without 485 receipt. No problems at all. You will be entering as if you never applied for 485. Don\'t show any 485 documents. Don\'t tell anything about 485. They will stamp your I-94 based on your H1 visa. When I came back I got all the 485 receipts and my advance parol was approved when I was out of the country. I got my EAD last week. So I think everything is fine.

No Title

Thomas,

I filed my I-485 in 10/00 and got my Advance parole. Since my visa was expired long time ago I have to use my advance parole to travel.
Could you tell me what are the documents should I carry, please.
And also which I-94 we have to hand over to airlines upon departure? I mean old I-94 which I got on my last entry to USA or the renewed one from I-797(H1B1 extension)? Thanks in advance.

No Title

OCT2000,
       Once you use your advance parol for traveling you will be in adjustment of status and no longer will be on H1-B. Once you come back you need EAD for working. If you want to travel on H1-B you may need to stamp it before you re-enter in US. I am not sure about which I-94 u need to hand over. You can ask your lawyer about it, but just take zerox copies of both the I94 and keep it with you. For traveling in AP you need only AP and passport, but it is advisable to cary 485 receipt and EAD card with you. Check with lawyer before making final decision.

No Title

Sri
When is your FP Scheduled.
MY ND AND RD is same day as yours.Where are you giving FP(I mean which center)?
Kiran