VSC FP for recent I485 ND - any explanation ?

Raju Krishnan

Registered Users (C)
All

I see that ND in Apr 2000 and later are getting FP
 (These cases PD MUST be current)
But Oct 99 - Mar 2000 are not.
 (These cases PD may/may not be current)

If they (INS VSC) go only by ND, eventually they will run out of current PD, ND Oct 99 - Apr 00 cases to process - if State Dept dont move up the PD.

SO:
If State Dept dont move PD then they have to process later than ND Apr 00 cases to use visas.
If State Dept moves PD then VSC will have to (or can) go back and process Aug 99 to Apr 00 cases !

This cycle could be repeated (PD moves up, VSC goes back to Aug 99 - Apr 00 cases) for a while.

It does not look good - especially if you are a PD 95/96/97 case who filed in 2000.

Any Comments ?

No Title

I didn\'t understand your explation. But a dump question from me. What make the movement of priority date when existing applicants are still waiting without getting their GC\'s?

No Title

>SO:
  > If State Dept dont move PD then they have to process later than ND Apr 00 cases to use visas.
  > If State Dept moves PD then VSC will have to (or can) go back and process Aug 99 to Apr 00
  > cases !

What is the basis of your logic???, why would VSC should process later than ND Apr 00 cases when it doesn\'t move PD and
it should process OCT99-Mar00 cases when it does move PD???,
you seem to confuse everybody!!, the current practice at VSC, nobody knows why.