VSC EB3 RD:01/25/99 - Received RFE

Sanjiv Dubey

VSC, EB3 (India), RD:01/25/99, ND:02/08/99, FP: 12/30/99

Received RFE letter today from the attorney. They are asking for a second affidavit for the birth certificate. The first one was submitted along with the I-485 application.

My question is: Can I submit a notarized copy of a birth certificate affidavit duly signed by a family friend who is currently in the USA? Or do I have to get it from India only?

How many more days do we have to wait after submitting RFE? INS says a minimum of 14 days.

Thanks in anticipation.

No Title

Hi,

You may want to include notorized affidavits from two people who were aged at least 18 years at the time of your birth and present at that time.

No Title

Hi,

Could you please let me know what kind of Birth Certificate you submitted along with your 485 application ? I submitted a certificate from the Indian Consulate and so am expecting an RFE on that. Any info you can provide about the BC would be appreciated.
Thanks

No Title

Dan Dan,

I submitted the BC given by the local authorities (Registrar of Births and Deaths). As the BC was taken well after the birth (based on records from the hospital), my attorney advised me to send affidavits from two people.

Hope this helps.