VSC automated response system number + lean times ?

Bhondoo Singh

Registered Users (C)
What\'s the number for VSC\'s automated response system ?
I\'ve been trying 802-527-4913 unsuccessfully for a couple of days now and always get a busy signal. Any lean times that are good for calling ? Also is the automated system available 24 hrs or only normal INS working hours (if there is such a thing ) ?

Also where do folks get their RD/ND from ? All I know is that the lawyer filed my I-485 sometime in Mar/Apr 1999 (PD has always been current). What info do I need to have handy to feed into the "automated system" to get an update on the status ?

TIA,

VSC_waiter

No Title

I have also got a busy signal several times on July 11th. The I-485 receipt will have your A #, receipt date, notice date etc.

No Title

Has anyone tried calling the VSC automated line this morning. Just keeps on ringing. Wonder why.

No Title

The automated system is available 24 hours a day. Try calling in the evening hours if you are trying to find out the status of your case. If it is trying to get through to a live IIO that you are trying, call around 7:30 am Eastern Time, keep "playing" with the system (selecting various options, listening your case status over and over again) until 8:00 am, and then select the option to transfer to an IIO. This has worked for me.