Vote on this Poll: Concurrent or not Concurrent Processing? That's the question

How they are processing the applications?

• option A: Concurrently

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Option B: Non Concurrently

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Option C: It is up to the Examiner

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

Elnegro

Registered Users (C)
Dear Forum Members,

The Ohata Memo that was in placed basically had the examiners work on 140-485 at the same time and concurrently approve the cases.
Then the Ohata Memo was taken out, and a new order of processing 140's in a stand alone fashion was issued.

What is going on now?

Where would you place your vote? (PLEASE VOTE ON TOP OF THREAD):

A) Being concurrently processed, but approvals are based on what's ready to be approved (if 485 is ready, they go for it, otherwise they only work on the 140). They have to work on both 140-485 at the same time.

B) 140 being processed by themselves. Once they are done, the same officer could grab the 485 and work on it. (they do not necessary need to look at 485, but they could.)

C) Some examiners do A and some do B

Elnegro-

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to add comments

Thanks for the votes.

Please feel free to reply on the thread stating the rationale for your vote.
Elnegro

They might be processing EB2 or EB3 with current priority date concurrently, but others they have to process non concurrently.

My feeling about this big spread of 140 approvals ( oct 2003 - jun 2004?) is that they are approving cases which are slam dunk and everything in order. If they have to think about it or have any doubt, they put it back on the shelf or give to another queue with better skilled people. What do you guys think?

I think they are not following a particular order. What I'm thinking is When ever there is any new Rule, Processing officers are briefied with the rule { like in our Offices }. Due to constant change the Adjudicating officers are not happy and they are following their own ways. And there is no way to ask them why they are doing. no body questions them. If there is a way we can pin point or ask them why this case is approved concurrently or why this case is not approved con currently then they will follow a single pattern.

Since no one is asking them they are following their own ways. For Example user srisathya case. PD is of 04/2004 and Nd for 140 and 485 is Nov 2003, got adjudicated concurretly. Where as mine Pd is of 03/2003 and ND of 140 and 485 is sep2003. I should have been adjudicated con currently. I'm not feeling Jealous of srisathya. Please do not mistake me here. I'm just explaining. I'm happy with my 140 approval and when ever I want I can use AC21. I'm seeing people onthis forum waiting till 2001. So where is the Pattern and how can we decide?

So I would say we have to find a way to question these Sucki.. NSC Office. Then our lIfes will be Happy.

Other wise Just wait until your Lucky shines.

Bottom Line is

Every thing in this country is purly depends on Luck { Believe or not } either Getting H1 or H4 visa or a Job with or with out Prior Experience or Getting green Card or Getting Physical Card or any thing.

God Bless America.

Depends on which side of the bed they wake up !

Hi Everyone,

From NSC's random pattern of processing, I seriously conclude the following :

They are considering cases, C or NC based on which side of their bed they wakeup.

They are dumping 2003 cases for 2004/05 if their spouse is giving a hard time.

They are favoring late 2004 cases if their boss keeps smiling.

They are touching 2005 cases, if their co-worker (male/female) is allowing to touch & fondle.

They pick EB2 if they are still stuck with their 2nd marriage, prefer EB3 if they are looking for the 3rd purrfect match.

They finish the case fast, if they had a great night's sleep.

I have no choice, but to wish them all well, so that I get out of this nightmarish situation at the earliest pooooooooooosible.

I also wish you all well for giving me company in this saga.

DIGS

Last edited by a moderator:
Digs, thats an interesting view... ;) ;) ;)

My vote was for Option C. I think there is a lot of noise and the examiners who were processing concurrently based on Ohata, they are still doing it. That said, you can see a lot of 140 approvals that are not affected by retrogression, and those cases are not getting (yet) 485 processed.
Elnegro

Thanks Elnegro,

You and I seem to think alike alongwith hundreds of non-voters here who continue to suffer patiently and 1/3 of those who voted so far.

Good luck

DIGS

If we look at the Recently Approved 140 Checklist thread, we can notice that EB2 and EB3 non affected by retrogression cases were approved without 485 processing
This would support option B on this Poll
Elnegro

Guys
After the posting with Aila News regarding separate processing, I think option B is the current reality
Elnegro

I still go with Option C. I have stopped getting excited about "optimistic" news from USCIS. Everytime they come up with something like this, it seems like they come up with some other thing that messes up the whole deal .. basically.. I wont believe anything they say .. unless i ACTUALLY see a sensible pattern. As long as people from 2003 are in the waiting mode.. and people from 2005 are getting approvals.. i dont believe anything that they claim.. !