Volunteers for ImmigrationPortal.org

Edison

Registered Users (C)
Volunteers for ImmigrationPortal.org

TO ALL,

I request everyone to focus on the steps ahead. As Rajiv mentioned let's get more volunteers and organize our team for all the efforts we need to address in the near future. I understand that most of you are aware of the activities of the Core action team members of this portal which ultimately led us to form an organization immigrationportal.org .
ImmigrationPortal.ORG intend to voice the concerns of immigrant community and help contribute towards legal immigration reform in the United States of America.

I request all the interested members to join our team as volunteers. Please post your thoughts and interest.

Thanks for supporting the immigrant community.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120198&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

Originally posted by operations
I need every one's input. All view points including those I disgree with are welcome.

What does this all mean? Nothing. They could have drafted a more fair response and narrowed the controversy. They chose not to do so. This is their right as defendants. But I find it shameful that our government litigates in a manner calculated to waste the time of the courts rather than achieve justice.

Just because they deny facts or law does not alter either. If they wish to go to trial, we will line up the court with witnesses who can testify as to the harm suffered.

Agreed, they have strong legal arguments. the strongest one being the separation of powers - normally - court will not tell an agency how to run its business. Nevertless, it is upto the court to intervene or not. That is why we are here, in court.

What will we do? We will fight - win or lose. And as a community, we will never again be treated with disregard. We will try always to fight for the right cause - win or lose. It is the struggle that is important.

We must simultaneously approach Congress for help and not just fight on the judicial front.

The first big test in this litigation would be the determination on the class action. Let us see where that goes.

Hang tight. I will keep you informed.

We need some more ledearship amongs you folks. More people to plan, organize, move.

Just my two cents. My warmest regards to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wished I could give you a hand now. I hope in very near future, I can make some time for our community. Thank you for your effort for our community. I am always behind you.

Sincerely,

T

Further to the mail from Edison......

We also request members who have their Green Cards approved to be part of our community. Their inputs and support mean quite a lot to our efforts in this initiative. Not only will they be able to list out the difficulties they had to go thro' during the enduring wait due to backlogs, they will also be able to benefit and help other members in areas such as naturalization and so on.

Maybe this is a way of giving back to this community which has helped many of us.

Come be a part of us and make a difference!!!

I am available and I think I am already in the voluntee's list, if not add me in

Thanks

How do I volunteer ?

I sent an email to info@immigrationportal.org but got nowhere.... then I sent an email to all the directors listed on the immigration portal website.... still no reply... how do I volunteer ? I am in NJ, Princeton and very interested in helping out.

Re: How do I volunteer ?

Originally posted by BacklogBlues
I sent an email to info@immigrationportal.org but got nowhere.... then I sent an email to all the directors listed on the immigration portal website.... still no reply... how do I volunteer ? I am in NJ, Princeton and very interested in helping out.

I didn't get any e-mail. Send PM. Let's discuss.

Re: How do I volunteer ?

Originally posted by BacklogBlues
Thanks for joining us. We will keep you in the loop about our activities.

MrCoolz said:
Further to the mail from Edison......

We also request members who have their Green Cards approved to be part of our community. Their inputs and support mean quite a lot to our efforts in this initiative. Not only will they be able to list out the difficulties they had to go thro' during the enduring wait due to backlogs, they will also be able to benefit and help other members in areas such as naturalization and so on.

Maybe this is a way of giving back to this community which has helped many of us.

Come be a part of us and make a difference!!!