Visitors visa

rade

Registered Users (C)
I have read most of the queries on this board, but think my situation is a bit different.

We would like my mother-in-law to visit us for few months.

She is a widow, staying with her married son in India. Her son owns the place where she lives. Even her bank account is a joint account with her son. As of such she does not own any immovable property.

She has every intention of returning back to India.

However, 3 months back when we applied for a visitors visa (Mumbai)i t was rejected under Section 214(b) (must convince the consular officer of his or her intent to return).

1)Is there any way we can prove she is going to return back? How can we show that her situation has changed since her last interview?

2)Have any of you faced such a situation and how did you solve it?

One thing is clear, the rejections are very random. Maybe you can try to get a bank statement only on her name from the bank in India. I am sure if you give (bribe) some money to the bank officer, you can get such a letter. Also affidavits stating strong family ties with the son in India would help. Strong letter from you stating clear reasons behind her return will help.

Want to bring an Aunt

I am on AOS pending status now, hoping approval by the end of this year. I want to bring my Mother and her sister to visit me here. My father is not interested in visiting the US. My aunt is 52 years old, unmarried and not working currently, she does own a house. Is there any specific/additional documents required for sponsoring my aunt. What is the amount of bank balance that is required? Is only the checking account balance relevant, or will the savings balance can also be included. Kindly clarify.