Visitor visa while on HRR

mihirsm

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife, in India, was rejected an H4 visa since she has a 2 year HRR that expires in Feb 2008. Can we try for visitor visa (B2) ?

Gurus, any thoughts? Please help.

Thanks.

Yup, Try for Visitor visa, as it has nothin to do with 2 year HRR. One of my frnd also had 2 year HRR but he easily got B2.

Oh. Great. Thats really encouraging.

Am wondering, if its possible for you to provde more details about your friend's B2. Like questions asked during the interview, duration of stay, purpose of visit. The only reason I am asking this is, the more information I have better I will be able to prepare my case.

Thanks again.

According to wat I was told, he was asked only a couple of questions as he recently returned back frm US after completeing his J1 program and had interview just 2 days after he returned back. So I guess visa officer was happy that he returned back to India b4 his visa expired. They didn't c any of his documents (NOT EVEN A SINGLE) except application and passport.

He was also asked abt his source of income in India. But every applicant is different, every case is different, every visa officer is different, so let ur wife know to prepare her case well b4 appearing at embassy.