Visitor visa - Success the second time (CHENNAI)

dgrajan

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My in-laws visitor visa was rejected the first time they appeared (English Interview) at chennai on April 4, 2007. They appeared again (this time in regional language) on May 14, 2007 and were successful. Here is their experience...

During the first time.........the reason was the (in)famous 214(b). They have 3 children back in India including an unmarried daughter. Son, daughter-in-law and the unmarried daughter live with them in a rented apartment in Chennai. The other daughter is married with a son and lives closeby. Their fourth child is my spouse. Father-in-law retired and drawing pension, mother-in-law home maker.

The second time, we scheduled it in regional language. We thought of going immediately the next week. But we waited for a month and then they went again. The second VO was a very pleasant guy and the translator was very good too.

The questions that he asked...

1. Where are you going?
Answer: to sightsee in the USA and visit my daughters family

2. what does your daughter do?
Answer: she is studying.... when they were looking for the invitation letter in their file, the VO asked them to hand him the file so that he can take what he wants.... nice of him

3. what does your son-in-law do?
Answer: He works at AAAAAA

4. how many children do you have?
Answer: accordingly. I insisted them to answer slowly, taking their time explaining - 4 children in total, 3 are in India, one is in the US. My son and daughter-in-law living with us, one daughter being unmarried, the other daughter married and living closeby. Furthermore, about the other family members.. sisters, brothers, their families, close knit nature of the family etc.,

5. do you have a house?
Answer: No, we rent an apartment in XXXX

6. Do you have a house anywhere else?
Answer: No, we do not have one......

The VO's face changed a little bit...

But my mother-in-law volunteered and told him about the pension and the unmarried daughter. She said my father-in-law had to appear in person every 6 months to get his pension and also that they have to arrange for their daughter's marriage after their return.

7. Where were you employed? (to my father-in-law)
Answer: Retired from the YYY

8. How much pension do you draw?
Answer: ZZZZ amount per month

The VO said - "I am giving you a 10 year visa but you have to return after 6 months every time you visit"

They got their visa in the mail two days later - 10 YEARS.

Last edited by a moderator: