visitor visa information required

lvraman

Registered Users (C)
Hi !

Recently I sponsored my mother in law for a visitor visa and her application has been refused under 214(b):

First of all, I was told (by some travel agents in chennai) that we have submitted the affidavit of support wrongly filled. i.e., in column 11 (complete this block only if the person named in item 3 will be in US shortly).
I dont know whether I should check I INTEND or I DO NOT INTEND? However I have written at the bottom that I would bear all the visitorss expenses. Can any one help me out?

secondly, though my MIL has a permanent Job, has some property and family to be taken care, she was refused under 214(b). I do not know what all are the additional documents that she can carry when she appear again. The worst thing is when she checks in and gives her application along with the application fee and other documents, they returned the documents which proves that she has a strong ties in INDIA and she will come back after a short stay. Basically they are returning her the documents back and accepted the documents provided by the sponsor. This happened in Chennai consulate

On top of it they did not give any of the material back to her after refusing to issue the visa.
IS there are one have (heard) similar experience in the recent past and if so any relevant tips?

thanks in anticipation

Last edited by a moderator: