Visitor Visa for parents

140seekerJune

Registered Users (C)
I could not find a right forum to submit this.

I am planning to bring my parents to US for 2 months visit. Just few questions:

1. My parents are above 60. Do they need to go the consulate to get the visa?
2. How is the situation now in Madras? Anybody got the visiting visa without any problem?
3. I am getting a letter from the bank about my account details. How many orginical copies of that letter is needed? Just one will server the purpose of my mother and father?
4. On the Affidavit of Support form, there is no place to mention H1B. Where can I mention that?
5. Do I need to give the proof of having stocks and bonds?
6. What should I say for the item 11 on Affidavit of Support? This item is about specific contribution made to the parents.
7. I am including the letter from my employer, the letter of invitation, letter to my parents, passport copies, pay stub. Is there anything I am missing?

Originally posted by 140seekerJune
I could not find a right forum to submit this.

I am planning to bring my parents to US for 2 months visit. Just few questions:

1. My parents are above 60. Do they need to go the consulate to get the visa?
No, they can use drop box thru TT Services.

2. How is the situation now in Madras? Anybody got the visiting visa without any problem?
It has not changed much. Older people usually get visas quite easily.

3. I am getting a letter from the bank about my account details. How many orginical copies of that letter is needed? Just one will server the purpose of my mother and father?
Just one will do for both if they are applying together.

4. On the Affidavit of Support form, there is no place to mention H1B. Where can I mention that?
Does not matter where you mention it, you can use the space for A# number to write "H1b status".

5. Do I need to give the proof of having stocks and bonds?
Not really but of your stocks are significant, a copy of your brokerage firm's monthly statement will help. Even a web printout should be sufficient.

6. What should I say for the item 11 on Affidavit of Support? This item is about specific contribution made to the parents.
Say that you intent to pay for their living, medical and transportation costs for 6 months.

7. I am including the letter from my employer, the letter of invitation, letter to my parents, passport copies, pay stub. Is there anything I am missing?
Include a copy of your current H1 approval. Also include copies of ALL PAGES of your passport, just a few pages will not do.

Qn

My wife is on EAD and working. When it comes to the sposorship, do we need to show both my wife and I are sponsors and show the bank statements of my wife also? Or is it okay to have only my sponsorship and documents from my side?

Whatever you do,don't forget to send color copies of all the pages of both of your passports.That is the sole reason they deined visa for my mother-in-law.I sent the copies and we tried again three times.Second and third time they denied because it was already denied for the first time for the mentioned reason..Think How stupid they are...That's the reason I enjoy reading poetry and try to forget all these stupid things in life..

Good luck man..

Thanks

Do I need to have 2 color copies of the passport or just one? I want to bring my father as well as my mother.

I am going to get a color copy.