Visitor visa for parents

harsha_c

Registered Users (C)
Do I need a valid h1 stamping for parents to get visitor visa. My visa stamp exprired in june, and I have new 797. Do I need to get new stamping before sending them documents?

Can some one respond at earliest.

thanks again
Harsha

Requirement of valid visa stamping on passport for inviting parents

Let me clarify:

- Your visa on the passport is for YOU to enter visa.
- If you have a valid 797, you are indeed staying in US legally and are not in any kind of trouble.

You can safely go ahead and invite your parents for visa interview. Follow the regular procedures and send a copy of your 797 as well. There is nothing to worry.

Question is not that whether she is in trouble or not... question is She wants her parents to visit her on visitor visa....

On the base of too many previous experiences, the american consulate will have an excuse to reject her parents, just because she dont have a valid visas.....

Still you may go ahead and try apply but...75% depending on luck...

The visa is the U.S. government’s authorization allowing someone to make an application to enter the USA. It is important to realize that a form I-797 approval notice and a visa are not the same thing. Many times individuals think that they have a visa because they have the I-797 approval notice but that is generally not true. An I-797 notice without a visa will generally only allow someone to stay in the US if they are here already, but will not entitle someone to get back into the United States.

The question here is whether her parents will be granted a visa or not?.

And where do these statistics of denial coming from. Is there any basis for your statement that chance is 75%.

Harsha_c dont worry at all, send all the documents including the approval/ I94 passport copies etc. You are leagal in USA and have permission to stay till expiry of new I-94. The consulate will not deny your parents on that basis.
But thre may be some other reasons. In my case we did not even have the approval, only receipt notice with stamp having expired 4 months earlier and my parents go the visa.

Prepare the documents, prepare the aparents and good luck.