Visitor Visa for only 1 month

dangame

Hello All:

My parents will be visiting me this summer, I was told they may get only
one month I-94 validity. Can anyone please confirm this?
Thanks

Yes. You are right.

I guess so. I have read an article from Murthy. It does say about it, but it has not yet been finalized. Law makers are working on it and INS is pushing for it. Watch out for the updates on the this issues.

I heard they started issuing only 30 days visiter visa.

One of my friends parents came from china to visit them , but at SFO they were granted only 30 days stay on their I-94 .
Anybody know of any similer case ?
Did INS sent any directive ?

how to get a legal paper in USA

I AM HERE SINCE 8 MONTHS WHAT CAN I DO FOR GET LEGAL PAPER WORK IN THIS COUNTRY

30 days visiter visa

I read from Washington Post that INS was considering it. What you said means it already started. When did your friend\'s parents arrive at SFO. Thanks.

No Title

Yesterday my mother-in-law arrived in Miami, USA from India. She got 6 months on her I-94

Visitor Visas

It is not clear whether the visa itself is issued for 1 month or whether the passport is stamped on arrival for valid stay of 1 month. I do notthink that such a vital change in policy would be made without much discussion.

It Depends

Usually if the consulte does not view the applicant as a Potential Immigrant then they default give a 10 yr visa. For eg if your parents are planning a visit and they are retired, 60 + yrs etc, you are kind of sure to get a 10 yr Multiple entry Visa.

When you arrive in the US at the port of entry, the Immigration Office would stamp your I-94 with an expiration date. Usually it is for 6 months.

The petition to give Visitor Visa for 1 month only has not been passed, so do not worry about it now.

There is a very good chance if your parents come in to the US that they will get a 6 month Visa.

FYI: My parents came over last week and they have a 10 yr Visa with 6 month stamped on the I-94

Refer link

Anjan Bagchee "Any tips on the new 30 day length of stay regulation for B2?" 4/8/02 11:12am>

need more information

need more information to be able to assist you:
what was your original admission code?
if you were not lawfully admitted, see an immigration attorney.
have you ever been in trouble with the law?
If so, see an immigration attorney.
were your parents ever permanent residents?
have your parents become US citizens?
how long have you been in the United States?
etc.

Does not apply for the people more than 50 years

As per the information I got, the people who are more than 50 years do not come under this one month Visa

I think this will help you - Message from Ambassador Robert D. Blackwill

Two changes to INS visa regulations may affect Indians seeking US visas. One change has already occurred, and approval of the other is pending. The INS has implemented a procedure that will limit student visa adjustments within the US, but will not affect legitimate student visa applicants applying abroad. In the past, foreign students could visit the US on a tourist visa and, while in the United States, could apply to change from a tourist (B-2) to a student visa (F-1). This is no longer allowed.Indians
wishing to study in America should have their student visas issued in their country of residence before they go to the United States. This will not affect a person\'s ability to study at his or her chosen university. In its continuing effort to enhance national security and strengthen immigration controls in the United States, the INS has proposed modifying the current admission period for B-1/B-2 non-immigrant visitors. In the past, the INS allowed most visitors a six-month stay in the US, regardless of the time they required. Now, the INS proposes to base the admission period on the amount of time the visitor requests in order to accomplish the purpose of his or her trip. This modification has been wrongly described as allowing visitors "only" a thirty-day visit to the US. That is not accurate. If this change of rule is accepted, the INS inspector at the port of entry in the United States would ask all visitors how much time they require to complete their visit. If a visitor does not request more than thirty days in the US, then he or she would generally be granted a stay of 30 days. If the visitor needs more than thirty days, the longer period would normally be approved.