Visitor visa extension

sangihari

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My mother have 10 year mutliple entry visa. She visited here two times so far (first visist during 2001 and second one during 2003). On her second visit, we applied for extension and got denied after I-94 expiry date (We applied extension before I-94 expiry date). She went to India within 10 days after we received denial letter.
From the information on several sites, her visa is void now. But I called Chennai consulate and they told us that they have nothing to do. As of they concerned, 10 year visa have been granted. It has to taken care by USCIS and port of entry. I called USCIS here and they told whatever we did is legal and it has be decided by POE.
Does anybody have experience like this. I wanted how people are coming with 10/5 year multiple entry visa after extension denial. Thanks in advance.

Hey Sangi, what you mother did seems within the ambit of the immigration law. I don't have any personal experience with a similar situation however, I guess, she wouldn't have any real problem at the POE when she tries to reenter the US again.

Please post your mother's POE experience when she visits you again.