Visitor Visa Extension Denied. Is Multiple Entry Visitor Visa void?

venkat97

Registered Users (C)
Hello gurus,
My grand mom's visitor visa extension has been denied on Oct 28th. She already left US on Oct 10th ( I-94 expired on Sept 15th ).
Couple questions here...
1. Should I inform INS about her departure date(She gave I-94 only at airline counter at the time of taking return flight to India)? If yes which phone number(or form ) to call(use)?
2. My grand mom has multiple entry visitor visa. Is it good for another visit ( after a year from now )? Does extension denial creates problems at the time of POE?
3. Is there a number (or website ) to call and check visitor visa status(not extension status), whether it's active or revoked/suspended.
Thank you gurus,
--Venkat

It is confusing.

According to the web site below, the visa becomes void.

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/extend.html

However I called the INS number and a gentleman told me "No its not true". "It will not get cancelled" with confidence.

Its hard to tell cause these Service Center personal sometimes make mistakes. I find it hard to believe that it would get cancelled unless the applicant broke the law.

222g

According to the following, the Visa is void :

-- 222(G) DOES/DOES APPLY TO ALIENS WHO FILE FOR A COS OR
EOS AND WHO REMAIN AFTER THE DATE ON THEIR I-94, IF THE
COS/EOS REQUEST IS SUBSEQUENTLY DENIED OR IS STILL PENDING
AT THE TIME OF THE ALIEN'S DEPARTURE. (BUT SEE BELOW,
CONCERNING THE BLANKET EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
EXEMPTION FOR CERTAIN ALIENS WHO DEPART WHILE A COS OR EOS
APPLICATION IS PENDING.)

I called again

I called again and read out the 222G to the Customer Service. He transfered my call to his supervisor. I read it out to her. She insisted & emphasized it will not get cancelled if u leave the country a.s.a.p. on recipiet of the denial notice.

Did you guys bring them after this?

Karthik & Venkat,

I am on the same boat like you guys? Do you guys invited them after this? Or did you talk to anybody who have gone through the same issue. I am looking for experience who have next time after the extension denial on 10 year multi entry visa.

Thanks

Visitor Visa Extension Denied. Is second visit on Visitor Visa OK with in 6 months?

Gurus,
My grand mother's has 10 year multiple entry visitor visa. She left US little before after her 1st visit's extention is denied(stayed 7 months in 1st visit).
I want to bring her this March 2005 ( less than 6 months ).
Is this OK to bring her with in 6 months time? Are there any problems at POE?
Thanks,
--Venkat

My Parents have applied for extension of stay in thier last visit and were denied. They left about two weeks after the recieving the denial letter. This was in May '04. They have 10 year VISA. They came back on May 19 '05 through SFO and were granted 6 month stay. They were not asked about the previous stay.

VK

Visitor visa extension: reasons to give

What are some of the reasons that can be quoted for visa extension ? What would be helpful and easy to implement?

Pls help !!

Serious I94 issue

Hi,

I had an issue when i travelled first time to US on B1 Visa.
In my passport B1 Visa annotation says that i will be atending business discussion at Florida,
But i have landed in Newyork from india. In the I94 counter they have asked me to submit
the air tickets to florida from New york. But i have not booked the tickets, more over i was travelling to dallas which i didn't disclose to officer.
then officer asked me that wether i have booked any hotel or not then i had a piece of paper which contains info about dallas hotel.
Then he was angry for lying and he ask me to go back to india initially then he handed over me to Black caps. Then security officer again ask me the reason
i said since today is saturday my HR won't be there in florida so i will be going to dallas, but monday i will be going to florida.
Then he said he will call me on monday at the florida address then he gave I94 for 2 months. Then i went to Dallas and stayed there for 2 months with out going to floroda and returned
to india.
So my question is next month again i will be travelling US. So this time will they ask me why i have not travelled last time to florida, If so what should i tell to them.

regards
Ma