Visitor Visa approved - Coming to USA 6 months after approval

rasi_s

Registered Users (C)
My mom got 10 year multiple entry visitor visa approval in March 2005. She is coming to Los Angeles for the first time in September 2005. Will there be any issues at the port of entry because she is entering 6 months after visa approval? Will there by any questions/issues? Please help.

Thanks,
Rasi

Could you please tell us what document did you send to your mom and what documents she took with her for an interview?

Thanks

rasi_s said:
My mom got 10 year multiple entry visitor visa approval in March 2005. She is coming to Los Angeles for the first time in September 2005. Will there be any issues at the port of entry because she is entering 6 months after visa approval? Will there by any questions/issues? Please help.

Thanks,
Rasi

There should not be any problem. My MIL came after 6 months of approval and she had one year visa. Along with PP, it is good to carry all the paperwork (that were initially submitted to get visa), just in case they ask at the port of entry.
Good luck!
Toxsci

Thanks!

Thanks Toxsci for the info. I am very much relieved to hear that.

grlfrmnj1,
Please see my/others earlier posts for the document list.

Thanks,
Rasi

Is there any time limit as to when a person should travel after getting the Visit visa.

Replies will be appreciated.

bsnf said:
Is there any time limit as to when a person should travel after getting the Visit visa.

Replies will be appreciated.
I do not think there is any time limit as such. A person will be allowed at port of entry as long as there is a valid (not expired) visa stamp in the passport (meaning, one can arrive even one day before the stamp expires). The duration of stay in the US will be dicided by the officer at Port of entry.
Hope it helps.
Good luck!