Visitor Medical Insurance

gcmspind

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone recommend a Good comprehensive Medical insurance for Parents visiting U.S. I have been looking around on the internet but the premium seems to be a little too high. I was wondering if anyone here has applied for one before or knows of a good insurance. It will be a real help!!!

I got it from India! New India assurance or something. They even have a US number to call and file claims. I didnot have to file any though. But I have heard of cases where there was no hassle to get reimbursement. Just to let u know that there is such an option too.

For Canadian visitors to the US, it is easier to buy insurance in Canada. I don't know how it is for other countries.

dal_irv, how is the feedback with Kvrao?
from india, you can get it from new India assurance & Tata , but
i too have heard of lot of hassles with reimbursements.
Earlier the company handling the new india insurance is based in Paris, i forgot their name, and so they insist on you paying the charges & they would later reimburse in Rupees.
Jamborees, can you give the 800 number cos earlier they had a address from Paris.

I have purchased it from health.kvrao.org (India Network Services) quite a few times when my parents and in-laws visited us. The premiums are reasonable. Fortunately, we never had to seek medical attention for our guests, so I cannot offer any feedback on reimbursements.

I bought through inbound USA (found in EKNAZAR.com) for my in-laws. it is 80 something dollars per months. Buying insurance in India is, no hospitals in the USA is going to accept right away unless there is a local 1800 number at the back of the card. It is extremly difficult. One of my friends has to pay US15,0000 from his pocket but i did not know how did he reimburse later. Guys don't hesitate for few hundered dollars that saves a lot if any unfortunate happens

for goastros

Hi,
Couple of my friends here had recommended it and none including me have made any claims. the reason why i took this insurance was that for insurances from india we have to pay upfront and also i heard that claims are not processed all that well.