Visitor in USA + Marrying a GC holder

cutthebeast

Most of the informative sites (including USCIS, on marrying a GC holder within USA as a visitor) potray very unclear picture of the concerned laws. Little information is given in balck and white and most of the words on this fall in gray area...
I want to know a simple thing if someone can answer me on this ?
I am on visitor B-1 visa and planning to marry a green card holder (its that simple), can I stay within the USA and start my medical residency before the case result for V-1 is pending ?
Or Shall I have to leave on the expiration of my I-94 (attached on passport at visit visa)?
Or can I stay in USA till V-1 case processing is pending but can't work here as medical resident?

Or nothing from above option applies to me and I will have to leave USA as the case is pending?

Thanx for your time everybody ....
Waiting for answers

The best answer I can give is, if your visa is still good ..valide, get married as soon as possible and file the form I-130 as soon as possible. It takes one year to get approved if you send your aplication to Nebraska Service Center or California Service Center. If you live in a state that not allowing you to send to one of these Center, change your address, otherwise your application will take 3 to 5 years, specially if you file and send your I-130 to Texas Service Center.