• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visiting US as tourist after GC lottery selection

HERO7

Hi all

Suppose one gets selected in May when the GC results come in and files the DS-260 , is there any issue if right after filing one goes to the States as a tourist for 2 months at a time ?

Thanks

Hi all

Suppose one gets selected in May when the GC results come in and files the DS-260 , is there any issue if right after filing one goes to the States as a tourist for 2 months at a time ?

Thanks

Would you be on a visa waiver or a tourist visa? If the latter, do you have it already or stilll need to apply?
Also by "2 months at a time” it sounds like continuous "visits", which will raise suspicions regardless.

I would be on a tourist visa that I have already
I meant two a months stay in the us as a tourist

As soon as you fill in the DS260, that's immigration intent. You can still use your tourist visa, but you may get some scrutiny as you've declared - by submitting the DS260 - that you would like to stay in the US.

I would be on a tourist visa that I have already
I meant two a months stay in the us as a tourist

Should be fine, I did that (not as long, admittedly). But as Emily says - the system will probably pick up your DS260 and the CBP officer may question your intent on this trip, so be extra careful to take with proof that you plan to return home at the end of the trip in case it is needed.