Visiting CSC in person

Corsair chap

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge about visiting CSC for
finding case status. My I-485 is pending for an year now. Does CSC allow
people to visit to enquire about case status. If someone has visited
please post your experience.

I am not able to get through their telephone line.

Thanks
Corsair chap

You can go to CSC

Yes, you can go directly to CSC to check your case status, but don\'t expect you can get much information there. It depends on who you are talking to. Some IIOs are nice but some are just idiots. I went there several times during last Sept and Oct.
CSC is inside Federal Building, a huge pyramid-shaped building. You can enter the south parking lot from Aliso Creek Rd. Do not enter the building through south main entrance, instead use the small door to the right of the main entrance. You can ask a security officer to show you.
After you enter the small door, a security officer will check your id and ask you to go through metal detector. Then go to the CSC room. There are several IIOs serving at the windows. You go to get a call number then wait. Usually there are not many people waiting and you won\'t need to wait for too long. If I remember correctly, they are open 9am-2pm, Mon-Fri. I think the best time go there is around 12pm, Tue-Thu. Good luck.

Will they keep track

Thanks for your inputs.

I will go there on a Monday, and if they do not give me any useful
info then can I go there next day. Will they keep a record of the
frequent visits. Will that affect processing in any way.

What was the reason for your visit. Did it make any difference
to the processing after you visited them.

Thanks
Corsair chap

No Title

I went there for checking status and changing address. Since my company is only 15 min from CSC, I simply go there during lunch time. I don\'t think they keep track of how many times you visit there and punish you if you go there too often. If your case is pending for too long and you suspect it may have fallen through crack, going there may help. Otherwise for most cases, I would say there is no effect.