Visiting Canada

Herohonda

Registered Users (C)
About a month ago I got my plastic card. I want to visit Canada and be back, is my plastic card sufficient for entry into canada and be back to USA ? WHat else I would need ? IS there any problem in doing so ? Thanks

Originally posted by Herohonda
About a month ago I got my plastic card. I want to visit Canada and be back, is my plastic card sufficient for entry into canada and be back to USA ? WHat else I would need ? IS there any problem in doing so ? Thanks
Your card and your passport are sufficient for entry into Canada and return to US. No other visas or documents are required.

My I-485 got approved last week. I will be getting my passport stamped this week. My Canadian permanent residance also got approved some time ago and I have to visit Canada before June end. I plan to cross the border during Memorial Day Weekend (May end) and come back to USA on the same day. Is there any problem if I go to Canada and come back to USA with just the passport stamped with US Permanent Residence (I believe I will not have the plastic card by then)? I will appreciate any response from someone who has encountered similar situation.
Thanks
-TRISAM

Originally posted by trisam
My I-485 got approved last week. I will be getting my passport stamped this week. My Canadian permanent residance also got approved some time ago and I have to visit Canada before June end. I plan to cross the border during Memorial Day Weekend (May end) and come back to USA on the same day. Is there any problem if I go to Canada and come back to USA with just the passport stamped with US Permanent Residence (I believe I will not have the plastic card by then)? I will appreciate any response from someone who has encountered similar situation.
Thanks
-TRISAM

The stamp in your passport has the exact same value as the actual card. The stamp is placed in your passport for that very reason, i.e. to allow you to travel freely into US.