Visa waiver

Razien!

Hi didnt know where to put this but this place had lots viewing so put it here:)

Im currently about 6 days past the 90 day limit on my visa waiver, trying to get back home but my English debit card is being rejected by all airlines..either wrong billing address or saying card number is plain wrong. Phoned up my bank & they dont know why. Its now coming up to spring break next week..and getting a flight is even harder.

Once im home i would like to go back to the US in may for gfs graduation, i realise i would have to apply for a visa now. How much do these extra few days affect my chances? I think it may be atleast another 4 days before i manage to get a flight out..theyre all on monday.

Is there any evidence i should get about my card not working that could help my chances when applying for a visa to show that i wasnt intentionally trying to stay this long??

Its hard to say exactly whether those extra few days will cause you a problem or not. Serious overstays are those of 180 days or more, so you may be ok.

What is not clear is why you believe you need a (B2?) visa to return to the US for your gf's graduation. Assuming you don't plan on being here long, why wouldn't you simply use the visa waiver program again? FWIW, its harder to get a visitor visa, especially if you are young, so the painless visa waiver may be just what you want.

Since he did overstay, it is a good idea to get a visa for the next visit.There is a good chance that's what the entry officer woud tell him at POE. VWP previlege is revoked when you don't follow the rule. At least, he shouldn't get the automatic bar for such a short overstay.

Maybe, but the problem is it may become a double-edged sword. Get denied for a visa and you have to declare it on your green visa-waiver form when you fly in to the US. From what I've read elsewhere, young unmarried people with no close ties to their home country (i.e. no mortgage, no job etc) are routinely denied visitor visas because they present too much of a "risk" for illegal immigration. (Don't get me started there....)

If I were in the OP's position, I think I'd take my chances and arrive with a fully-paid return ticket. That way you could at least attempt to look like you were going to leave on time. Actually I'm a bit surprised the chap was allowed in without a return ticket in the beginning.... hmmmm.

Someone from a visa waiver country? I think not.... They normally don't get hassled for visitor visa.

There are a couple of things I don't get on the original question, one is why the poster didn't have a return ticket, and then isn't it possible to pay the ticket in cash? I guess the poster could have used the debit card to get money out of an ATM and pay for the ticket. Other than that I am not sure what the consequences would be for future VWP travel.