Visa waiver re-entry - 1 year after first entry - or J1 visa? How long to apply from UK for J1 visa?

mh8782

I'm from the UK and have a couple of questions.

I received a visa waiver to travel to the US in June 2012, and stayed for 3 weeks. I am going back to the US in July (or at least plan to). My visa waiver should still be valid (it was for two years). Should it be ok to re-enter in July? Do I need to update the flight information on my form? (flights and accommodation)

The alternative to a visa waiver is to apply for a J1 visa, which could take longer than two months. In your experience, how long does it take to get a J1 visa from London?

Thanks

You can travel to USA during your Visa Validity. J-1 visitors may remain in the United States until the end of their exchange program, as specified on form DS-2019. Once a J-1 visitor's program ends, he or she may remain in the United States for an additional 30 days, often referred to as a "grace period," in order to prepare for departure from the country. If the visitor leaves the United States during these 30 days, the visitor may not re-enter with the J-1 visa.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.