Visa validation in Calcutta

ids_engr

I am visiting India for 2 weeks and I am currently employed with a reputed firm in US. I am from the South, but did not get any appointment in Chennai for the days I am in India. I did get an appointment in Calcutta though.
Will the Consulate review my application or will they ask me to go to Chennai. I am not sure how to convince them on the emergency. Ofcouse, I haveonly 2 weeks vacation, but not sure if that will be a good enough reason.

Has anyone gotten their visa validated outside their jurisdication? Please share experiences. Thanks

Hi,
I am also from south but went to Kolkata on Jan 7th 2005 for Visa revalidation. Initialy they asked me to go to Chennai, but you should able to convince them why you are coming to Kolkata.
The reason I gave was, due to family emergencies I had to visit in Jan itself and couldn't wait till March to get an appointment at Chennai.

And you finally got the visa stamped right? Did you carry any documents to proove that its a family emergency.any advise would be appreciated

Thanks
karthik.