• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

visa staus check via internet for AP.

mimib

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone

Does anyone know what the status updated date on the visa staus check website for the adminstrative processing means?

because I was put under administrative processing and sometimes I go check my status online and everytime I see a different date on the status updates.

is that good or bad?

Hello everyone

Does anyone know what the status updated date on the visa staus check website for the adminstrative processing means?

because I was put under administrative processing and sometimes I go check my status online and everytime I see a different date on the status updates.

is that good or bad?

It means your case is going through some further checks to ensure you're a genuine case and that you won't be a public charge or a security threat (my theory and I may be mistaken) - I do know that administrative processing means the KCC or Embassy is doing a further background check on you.

If you're still in administrative processing until September 30th then the game is up and you won't go through unfortunately as that is how the system works.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK or Washington Dulles

Hello everyone

is that good or bad?

It means your case is going through some further checks to ensure you're a genuine case and that you won't be a public charge or a security threat (my theory and I may be mistaken) - I do know that administrative processing means the KCC or Embassy is doing a further background check on you.

If you're still in administrative processing until September 30th then the game is up and you won't go through unfortunately as that is how the system works.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK or Washington Dulles