Visa Status For Filing i485

getVSC_I140

My Visa on Passport is getting Expired on November 15 . I have Approved I140 AND Visa Extension Also. But My Lawyer Says I need to have Visa Valis for SIX MONTHS on Passport While Filing I485. Please Sugggest me or else Everthing is done with Medical Examination.

Thanks

Dont Care, do you know how long after we\'ve done FP that we can

check FBI and INS to see if they have received FP result and it\'s good? I heard nowadays FBI will not disclose anything(like FP cleared or not ), how do we make sure everything is fine with FP? do I need call IIO in VSC ?

Please let me know, thanks.

No Title

I checked FBI after a week. They did not mention whether it was good or not. They just said they sent to INS. But INS AVM has not been updated. I did not feel it is required to call IIO because the AVM will get updated. Did you do your FP??

Thank you, Dont Care, Yes, I did FP . another question: how do you know

AVM will get updated when VSC receives our FP ? is this something new? in the past, I saw people had to call IIO to find out , AVM would show nothing about FP.

Thanks again.

getGCin2002

Your\'s FP is scheduled on 11/7/01. How did you do before.
Did you prepone it? If yes which ACS was that. Could you post the detailed info

Visa expired when filing 485

Don\'t worry - my visa H1-B expired last year and I got the renewal for it. I have not left the country so have not gone to my local embassy to get the new visa put in the passport. This is not an issue - INS requests a complete copy of your passport and visa(s) but a copy of the renewal approval for your visa is fine.