Visa status changed from F1 visa to F3 visa

Jawadniazkhan

Hello i m in need of proper guidance and help . My father is a US citizen and he apllied for my immigration visa in 2005 . I got mu call for interview in 2018 . I did all my required documentation and medical checkup and went for visa interview. In interview they asked me that are you married or not i said i got married 2 months ago . They just simply said we are sorry but your visa status is changed from F1 to F3 . Now i dont know what to to kindly guide me futher steps i should take . I dont want to wait another 10 years for my visa interview with my wife .

There’s not much you can do... a married son or daughter does indeed change to F3. You are no longer eligible to immigrate on F1 status. However as far as I understand, your original priority date should still stand. What country are you chargeable to?

Pakistan? If so, ROW should be the country of changeability.

F3, a 2005 PD should be current

That’s what I was wondering about. The dates mentioned only make any kind of sense for Philippines though... for a 2005 PD to only interview for F1 last year, and still have a decade or so left at this point for F3.