Visa Stamping in 7th year

waitingforgc04

Registered Users (C)
Guys:
Has anyone recently got Visa Stamping done while in there 7th year of H1-B Visa?

What are the Documents required?

Has anyone got it done in Canada (Toronto,Ottawa etc..) ? or in India ?

Please share your thoughts/concerns..?

Thanks

Its the same documents as regular H1 visa stamping once if you have the H1 paper for 7th year extension..
we recently got the stamping for our 7th year stay.
Hope this one answers your question.
Good Luck

Hi Sarithakandru,
Where did you go to get your VISA Stamping done..?
I just found out that somebody got denied the VISA Stamping in the Chennnai Consulate, the reasoning being that you are trying to immigrate and take a jb away from an American..

Could you please elaborate your scenario - where you went and what questions were asked?..Also how far are you into your 7th year ..?

Your inputs will help alot as I am planning on going to India later this year(my 7th year is valid till Feb'2005) and after hearing about this incident in Chennai have become a little skeptical.

Thanks

waitingforgc04

Have you applied for AP? If you have then use AP instead of getting H1-B stamping.

HTH

No, I have NOT applied for AP.
Actually I am not sure if I can apply for it when I am still waiting for getting my LC cleared..???

we did it here in St.louis just before July ..Thats why may be we got h1 stamped.Donno the situation in Indian consulates..
Thanks.

waitingforgc04 said:
Hi Sarithakandru,
Where did you go to get your VISA Stamping done..?
I just found out that somebody got denied the VISA Stamping in the Chennnai Consulate, the reasoning being that you are trying to immigrate and take a jb away from an American..

Could you please elaborate your scenario - where you went and what questions were asked?..Also how far are you into your 7th year ..?

Your inputs will help alot as I am planning on going to India later this year(my 7th year is valid till Feb'2005) and after hearing about this incident in Chennai have become a little skeptical.

Thanks