Visa Screen

Rafiq1

Registered Users (C)
I just want to give you all a heads up if you have to acquire a Visa Screen. I had to have two organizations resubmit signature cards because the ICHP claimed that they never received the first ones. I informed them that I had the FedEx waiver numbers to confirm that the letter were delivered to them so they said wait 6 weeks and then call back. I told them that I applied for the Visa Screen back in March so it is now 12 weeks. Why the long delay?

I have some questions:

1) Will the ICHP make a decision based on the majority of information they had received or will they wait and wait for all the signature cards?

2) How long does it take them to make a decision?

I also have advice:

1) File the application first before contacting your affiliate organizations. Once the application is on file, you will be given a permanent ICHP number. Use this number on all correspondence and include the number on your signature cards so the ICHP can match the SC with you file quickly

2) Make sure the organizations you listed on your application return the signature card by FedEx or UPS because then the signature cards will have a waiver number that can be tracked.

Good luck!
Being a health care worker stuck in US immigration really sucks.
Rafiq1

Visa Screen Update

The ICHP have all the docs and are now evaluating my application. I should expect to have the Visa Screen in a month.

Rafiq

Visa Screen Awarded

After 4 months, the ICHP has issued me my Visa Screen. I now await refingerprinting and then approval.

Rafiq

How to contact ICHP for visascreen

My visascreen application was received on June 19,2002, and I have gotten my permanent number recently. I called to check my application status yesterday, and my application has not been processed so far. Then, I tried to call ICHP, but no one answered the phone after a long waiting. Any body knows that there is any better way to contact ICHP. Thank you.

Marylee, there are 2 options open for you:

1) The ICHP now has an automated service at (215) 599-6200. I do not know how often this is updated. Just use your permanent number and follow the prompts.

or

2) You can recall the main number. I will warn you that it one the automated service puts you into queue, you will be in for a long wait. I suspect that the ICHP, a non-profit org, may have only 1 or 2 people working as operators and these people are also performing other functions. They do eventually pick up after 10 to 15 minutes.

You may be also interested in this. In a subsequent letter I received after the permanent number letter, it requested of the course description typed onto letterhead paper sent by the college where you got your degree. You might want to consider doing this before you get this letter from the ICHP. Ensure that the college uses your permanent number in it correspondence with the ICHP.

I hope this was helpful, Marylee. Good Luck!

Rafiq

question for course by course discription

Hello, Rafiq:
Thank you for your quick response. You mentioned that ICHP may need the course by course discriptions from the college I graduated from. I graduated from an american university, and do I still need to do this? If so, this course by course discription requries only for clinical courses or all the courses I took in the college? I need your help again. thank you.

Courses

As strange as it is, the ICHP needs to evaluate all transcripts, no matter what the origin, to ensure that they are equivalent to US education even if the education in is the US.

The letter I received, wanted ALL the course descriptions (cd) that were related to my graduating degree in my field. So in your case, for example, say if you are a nurse and have graduated with a 4 year nursing degree, your college would need to list all the cd that were take to obtain that degree. So if you took Organic Chem or astronomy 1 and 2, you would need the cd for them. If you have an unrelated degree, such as a BA, you would not have to submit a cd for it.

Let me know if this is clear. Good Luck!

Rafiq