Visa Revalidation (stamping) ???

ABDC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have been reading about the H1/H4 visas getting \'canceled without prejudice\' once you appear at the consulate for the interview.

The travel visas for me and my wife (H1/H4) have expired ? Since the visas are anyways canceled, I was wondering whether I should go through the additional effort of getting ours visas revalidated (Stamped) while in the United States ??

All replies appreciated.

Thanks

Would suggest not to revalidate

I am pretty much in the same situation and I understand from other discussions that it is ok to travel to India and for CP if the visa has expired as long as you have the approval notice.

The problem with revalidating is that the state department is currently taking 3 to 4 months to do this. I was not aware and I sent it in. Now I\'m trying to get it back without stamping. Might as well as avoid the headache.

dont worry adbc..

as long as you have a valid approval notice handy with you, you are fine

No Title

One worrisome scenario here ..

After going to India for CP with an expired H1/H4 travel visa, if a person is required to travel back to the United States to collect any documents, would it be IMPOSSIBLE to get the non-immigrant H1/H4 travel visa, since by appearing for your CP interview, you have indicated your ULTIMATE INTENTIONS TO IMMIGRATE...

thanks,

No Title

I have never seen a case like this, and i wont even call it as worse scenario, any cp interview has the documents which any professional will be having whats the need of coming back here for docs.

collect all the docs before you leave you will be fine. dont be panic by thinking about all the negitive stuff. take it easy