Visa Revalidation at Chennai

nellai

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am visiting Chennai for 2 weeks in July 2003. We (Me & my wife) would need to get stamping in the passport to enter back to US since our current H1 (I-797) & H4/stamping expires June 15. I am wondering how long now it takes to get the visa stamped in the passport at chennai. Is 2 week enough for getting the visa stamped? Please let me know whatever you know doing the revalidation at chennai. I cannot extend my vacation beyond 2 weeks. Your replies will help me in planning my trip. I thank you so much for your inputs.

Regards,
Nellai.

Originally posted by nellai
Hi,

I am visiting Chennai for 2 weeks in July 2003. We (Me & my wife) would need to get stamping in the passport to enter back to US since our current H1 (I-797) & H4/stamping expires June 15. I am wondering how long now it takes to get the visa stamped in the passport at chennai. Is 2 week enough for getting the visa stamped? Please let me know whatever you know doing the revalidation at chennai. I cannot extend my vacation beyond 2 weeks. Your replies will help me in planning my trip. I thank you so much for your inputs.

Regards,
Nellai.

If your current H1 (I-797) expires in June, you will be OUT OF STATUS after that and will NOT get a new visa. You will need a approved valid I-797 for your H1.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I am in the process of getting my extended I-797 within a week. So I will not be OUT OF STATUS.

I am also going to Chennai for my H1-B visa stamping in couple of weeks, Does any one recently got the visa from Chennai consulate , How many days it is taking now a days ,, I really appreciate your information.

The Chennai Consulate takes 10-12
working days before it sends the passport
back.

I sent mine and my wife's passports on the
7th of May and got them back on the 22nd of
May. The PP's were stamped on the 20th.

Hope this helps!

I applied for revalidation through the drop-box scheme at chennai - I applied on 19th May and got my passport with visa stamping on June 2nd.

However, my wife's H1B stamping is still being processed. We applied together on same date, for same purposes..We contacted both TTS and the Consulate, but there was no definite word except that the case is being processed. I heard that the processing times are unusually longer than 2 weeks. Anyone with such experiences??