Visa Question

naboo

Registered Users (C)
My brother got approval for medical surgery observership in USA but they are not sponsoring his Visa. Does anybody knows what type of Visa he will be needing to come here on Observership.
Do I need to sponsor it as they are not sponsoring it.
Sorry for asking it at wrong forum.

Please clarify, is he a doctor? As far as I understood you, he is coming for the final part of USMLE, if that is true, he can get enrolled in kaplan and they sponsor visa.

Yes, he is a doctor but not coming for USMLE. He is just coming to do his observership. I know he needs either B1 or B2 but I am not sure which one to apply. As B1 is for
business purpose and B2 for pleasure. Chances of B2 getting rejected is more as he is doctor so I am thinking of applying for B1. But can he apply for B1 as I am sponsoring him.

Anybody anyhelp on this issue:

I found that he will be needing B1 Visa but since his hospital is not sponsoring him, can I sponsor him. If not then he need to show by himself that he can bear charges of his trip.
Thanks
Naveen

Please clarify.
Is he really coming for an observership? i.e., is his real intent to complete observership and go back?
If that is true this is the course he should take . Show proof of his current practice/employment in India, also show assets bank statemtnts et., Convince the visa officer that he is not going to stay back here. For that he can mention that he did not take the USMLE 1 and 2 which he could have done in India, because he has no intention of emigrating. Also he needs to show that the experience he will gain in the observership is not readily/easily available to him in India. A letter from a local hospital stating that the skills he acquires during his observership will be of great use to the institution and local patients upon his return would be very useful.

These have helped others in the past. Also he needs to come on a B-1 visa.
What specialty and what kind of specific observership is this. if you give me details I can help better.