Visa portability

murthy_1982

Registered Users (C)
I have a H1B stamping thru companyA which is valid till May2008. I am planning to switch to companyB(H1B transfer). If I go in Jan2008 for a vacation to India and come back the same month will I need to get a new visa stamping. Will the port of entry accept my old visa stamping I got thru companyA.

Also should I get the approved petition thru companyB or will the h1b receipt be enough.

Thanks,
Murthy

I have a H1B stamping thru companyA which is valid till May2008. I am planning to switch to companyB(H1B transfer). If I go in Jan2008 for a vacation to India and come back the same month will I need to get a new visa stamping. Will the port of entry accept my old visa stamping I got thru companyA.

Also should I get the approved petition thru companyB or will the h1b receipt be enough.

Thanks,
Murthy

Hi Murthy,
You dont need to further stamping even you change whatever company. but you would need H1 approvel document not reciept mean at that time you should inform them and show your H1 them that you have been swiched your company thats it

Have a nice trip

Thanks
Glaxy99