Visa Number

bruno76

Registered Users (C)
Sorry to ask this question but I am a little confused.

Isn't it true that you will be given a Visa Number only if your I-140 is approved?
So if this the case, those applicants that have I-140 approved do they have a better chance of getting a Visa Number?

Thanks for any input on that.

Hi

Hi ,

You are right, there is 200k application without 140 approval, this is including july filers.

there is lot of chnace for those who got their I-140 approved, even their PD '2006.

you can see people getting approved PD'2005 EB2 cases, even then VB says now 2004'apr for EB2.

- satish

Here is what I understand...

VISA# will be only given to the case about to be approved. So, provided the I485 EB catergory can be approvable, you must have your I140 approved.

But, since July mess happening in CIS and DOS. There is not known logic can be predicted. Some filed AOS recently with an earlier PD gets approved quick.

I hope, I will be one of them.

Thank you. I appreciate that info.

Here is my case:

PD 06/2004 EB3 ROW
I-140 filed 04/28/07 PP
RFE 05/05/07, sent in 07/13/07
I-140 approval - 07/16/07
I-485 filled on 07/26/07
NO RD or ND so far.

Allocation of visa number is the very last step in the adjudication process of I-485. i.e after any RFE, Background checks etc.

So forget about it getting allocated at the I-140 stage.

The reason we see 2005 EB2 India approvals is that those I-485 cases were filed before retrogression hit. Further they were pre-adjudicated and were simply waiting for a visa number allocation; which was done in July just before they Dept. of State issued the now withdrawn bulletin.

There is logic in the whole process...just that it is far from being transparent.

Sorry to ask this question but I am a little confused.

Isn't it true that you will be given a Visa Number only if your I-140 is approved?
So if this the case, those applicants that have I-140 approved do they have a better chance of getting a Visa Number?

Thanks for any input on that.