Visa number and consular processing

cpo4

Registered Users (C)
My PD is April 2002 which has become current as per the june bulletin. My I-140 was approved in April 2007 and the NVC created the case on May 15th 2007.

My questions is at what stage of the further processing do i get a visa number allocated ? is it when NVC sends the fee receipt to my attorney or is it when the case is transferred to the consulate ?
I just want to know at what stage now i become insulated from any possible retrogression in the coming months.

thanks

My PD is April 2002 which has become current as per the june bulletin. My I-140 was approved in April 2007 and the NVC created the case on May 15th 2007.

My questions is at what stage of the further processing do i get a visa number allocated ? is it when NVC sends the fee receipt to my attorney or is it when the case is transferred to the consulate ?
I just want to know at what stage now i become insulated from any possible retrogression in the coming months.

thanks

Check this website.
http://www.cptracker.com/. Visa number will alloted during the interview day

Thanks
Does this mean that say if i get my interview date on November 2nd 2007 and november visa bulletin out in October retrogresses my PD ( which is current before that ) so that i am no more current then i will not be allocated visa even after interview at the consulate ?

Thanks
Does this mean that say if i get my interview date on November 2nd 2007 and november visa bulletin out in October retrogresses my PD ( which is current before that ) so that i am no more current then i will not be allocated visa even after interview at the consulate ?

May 15 th they publish the date for june.. So that means from june 1st to june 30 your pd is current .so they will allocate visa number

My PD become current in June 2007.
I have applied for CP as well as the regular 485 track.

The message on my 485 case (I called the 800 number after seeing a change in the LUD) says that they have mailed a document that they manufacture based on an earlier approval on my case (Dont know what that means).

Also checked the Mumbai Consulate appointment schedule for June 2007. I have been scheduled for an appointment on 6/26/2007 at 7.30am.

Clarification and some shock

Hi All,

Need some help from folks here. I had applied for CP and my case reached Mumbai Consulate on May 20th 2005 ( PD is July 10th 2001). now with the dates being current I was shocked yesterday when I saw my Case # scheduled for June 5th 2007 in Mumbai. Note that my case # was not in the list till Thursday May 17th 2007.

Today being May 20th 2007 I need to get my new PCC from the NYC consulate as my earlier one was in 2005. A cursory glance at the VFS website says that I need to go and give all documents at least 7 working days before the interview date. Now here are my questions

a) All my original documents were sent by lawyer to the consulate already in 2005. So do I need to redo all these documents again

b) I dont think realistically I can reach VFS on Wed or Thurs this week with all these documents and also do a medical test to meet the 7 day deadline??

c) Also here is the situation on my wofe. My wife had a PCC from Mumbai on Mar 1st 2005 after which she joined me here in the US. Does she still need another PCC from India or we can get the PCC from the US??

Any info will help

KP

re

i think you can go to india and get pcc from passport office and local police station

Hi All,

Need some help from folks here. I had applied for CP and my case reached Mumbai Consulate on May 20th 2005 ( PD is July 10th 2001). now with the dates being current I was shocked yesterday when I saw my Case # scheduled for June 5th 2007 in Mumbai. Note that my case # was not in the list till Thursday May 17th 2007.

Today being May 20th 2007 I need to get my new PCC from the NYC consulate as my earlier one was in 2005. A cursory glance at the VFS website says that I need to go and give all documents at least 7 working days before the interview date. Now here are my questions

a) All my original documents were sent by lawyer to the consulate already in 2005. So do I need to redo all these documents again

b) I dont think realistically I can reach VFS on Wed or Thurs this week with all these documents and also do a medical test to meet the 7 day deadline??

c) Also here is the situation on my wofe. My wife had a PCC from Mumbai on Mar 1st 2005 after which she joined me here in the US. Does she still need another PCC from India or we can get the PCC from the US??

Any info will help

KP

Did you contact the mumbai consulate?