visa number and A#

gcwaiter66

Registered Users (C)
Please educate me here. are visa number and A# the same thing? I'm in EB2, 140 was approved FEB 2005. I got an A# already. I heard there are people who are in EB2 with 140 approved are waiting for visa number. Is this a mistake?

Thanks

A# is completely different from Visa number

gcwaiter66 said:
Please educate me here. are visa number and A# the same thing? I'm in EB2, 140 was approved FEB 2005. I got an A# already. I heard there are people who are in EB2 with 140 approved are waiting for visa number. Is this a mistake?

Thanks

gcwaiter66,

Every applicant that applies for a Visa or GC gets an A# assigned to him or her. This number is used within the USCIS to identify the applicant and all subsequent applications are attached to this A#. A Visa number is assigned to a case when it is ready for approval. One cannot get a GC without a visa number being assigned to the case. There are only a limited number of visa numbers available each year and sometimes they run out. This is what has has happened to EB3s. As far as I know there are still visas available for EB2s. You should not worry to much about the visa number.

regards,

saras