• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

visa expiration date

Noha_cu

Registered Users (C)
I interviwed from looooooooooooooong time, if they will give me the visa, i ll not find a time to travel,
I heard that they giving the visa for six months, what about the 2nd step,
after going to US. they giving me the GC ?!
what about its treating ?! is it allowing me to travel to any place in usa ?
how long time I can go away from usa ?

i think you have until the end of september to go to US after that visa will be invalid.
after you enter US you could receive the GC in a range of 2 weeks to 6 months.
you can travel inside US as you like you will get a letter called port of entry i think you can move with it until you get the GC
rabena yewafa2ek

NO friend
the visa expiration time is 6 month after its issuence , thats mean if she got her visa at sep. 20, 2006 , she can travel any time before march , 20, 2007

the 30 sep cut off date only for the visa issuence itself and the end of dv2006 interviews

bye

Noha_cu said:
I interviwed from looooooooooooooong time, if they will give me the visa, i ll not find a time to travel,
I heard that they giving the visa for six months, what about the 2nd step,
after going to US. they giving me the GC ?!
what about its treating ?! is it allowing me to travel to any place in usa ?
how long time I can go away from usa ?

You has an interview, but was your passport stamped?
If your passport was not stamped you must go to the Embassy where you had your interview asap to enquire about it before 30 September to receive your visa.

If your passport was stamped then you have six months to enter the US.
After entering the US you will receive your Green Card valid for 10 years. You will be able to travel freely in and out of the US.
After entering the US if you needed to return to your country for more than 1 year then you will need a re-entry permit.

Hope this helps

Barbara

hi

hi

did u get ur passport stamped or not \/1/1/\?!?!?

if yes ,,,i think there is no problem at all ,,,,,,,,,,,,,u gonna have 6 months to enter the us

keep calm noha ,,,good luck