Visa Bulletin : May 2006 - Guess?

srika65

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone guess Visa Bulletin - May 2006 for India?

India EB1 / EB2 / EB3

Apr 2006 : 01JAN2005 / 01JUL2002 / 01FEB2001

May 2006 :

srika65 said:

India EB1 / EB2 / EB3

May 2006 : 01JUL2005 / 01JAN2003 / 01MAR2001

I really think there is no point in guessing or feeling excited for those filed their cases in 2005. You name check will not have been cleared even if your case becomes current. If your case was filed in 2004 or earlier and could not get your greencard before due to retrogression, then you have a reason to be excited as your name check is probably cleared. For others, it won't make a difference.

prey4gc said:
I really think there is no point in guessing or feeling excited for those filed their cases in 2005. You name check will not have been cleared even if your case becomes current. If your case was filed in 2004 or earlier and could not get your greencard before due to retrogression, then you have a reason to be excited as your name check is probably cleared. For others, it won't make a difference.

Its only true for about 10% cases.

Does the name check happen once the visa number becomes current for your application. I heard people saying name check is initiated as soon as I-485 is filed? In my case I filed i-485 on dec2004 now retrogressed. So looks like i have to wait until the date becomes current and wait for name check again,

webjockey said:
Does the name check happen once the visa number becomes current for your application. I heard people saying name check is initiated as soon as I-485 is filed? In my case I filed i-485 on dec2004 now retrogressed. So looks like i have to wait until the date becomes current and wait for name check again,

Nop.. Name check gets initiated when you file I-485 & for 90% cases it gets done withing few weeks to few months. It has no connection with PD.

gp111 said:
Its only true for about 10% cases.

I know the 10% figure you are talking about. However, that is in theory. In reality, if you do some research on the web on name check statistics, you will be shocked to know how many names are in backlog and you'd know that cannot be true if it's only true for 10% of the cases.

prey4gc said:
I know the 10% figure you are talking about. However, that is in theory. In reality, if you do some research on the web on name check statistics, you will be shocked to know how many names are in backlog and you'd know that cannot be true if it's only true for 10% of the cases.

10% number i used is from FBI & USCIS Stats. You will see more cases on Forum with "Name Check Stuck" compared to "Name Check Cleared" is because of people with smooth sailing do not come back again & post info on this board. Most post in this forum is from folks who are stuck & need advice.

According to statistics from both agencies, we should say 15% for accuracy other than 10%. The percentage rate reflects the general population for name checks, and not apply to any certain countries or areas. For example, for people from country A, their name checks who got stuck might be less than 5% or even less than 3%; but for people from country B, their name checks who got stuck might be higher 30% to 50%. Additionally, name check involves many factors in, like your country, your major of study, your current occupation, history and others you do not know. Like immigration reform, it seeks for comprehensive immigration reform other than just a reform.

srika65 said:

India EB1 / EB2 / EB3

May 2006 :01JAN2005 / 01DEC2002 / 01MAY2001