Visa Bulletin For May-2020

kaveh2006 said:
People,
Let's predict the visa bulletin for May-2020, Oh damn, I'll be 45 yrs old by then... :eek:

hmmm,

lets see, EB3 world moves one day per month till October 2006, and then in October newsletter EB-3 goes back to year 1492.

:)

My grandfather immigrated to America after WWII but my family has no records of what had happened to him.
I think I will triple my efforts to recover some records...and perhaps I can use his PD. :p

check out ellis island databse

here is a clue for you,
If he entered through NYC then they should have his records, I'm serious...I've been there couple of times they have a database of everyone who went through Ellis Island. Let's hope that you find your grand pa's paperwork and don't have to wait 5 years like me...
My labor by itself took 2.5 years, I've already had my interview and "everything looked good", the office said however still waiting for visa numbers to be current...
Your PD is a year old and I feel for you...You never know, they might clean up their act and approve you soon...Best of luck :)

It's April 2020 and some of the major headlines are:

"1M illegal immigrants rally in Washington, DC."

"Estimates indicate 30M illegal immigrants in the US."

"Tom Tancredo introduces new bill to build a wall along the border with Mexico, Canada"

"USCIS reduces backlogs by 0.5% to 11M. New Director hopeful of further progress. In a related development USCIS scores F in all categories in its annual ScoreCard"

"I-485 filing wait reduced to 8 years for scientists and PhD's"

USCIS newsletter:
"Read the story of Mr.Wai Ting Long, who became naturalized US citizen, after being sponsored by his son. His EB-3 labor application was recently approved by PBEC"

....A sense of deja-vu?

Funny stuff ...

Guys and Gals,

Its good to have this humor in these gloomy times. I couldn't stop laughing when I read this post. It really got me thinking that maybe it would best for a lot of us to wait for our US born children to turn 21 and sponsor us. We may get our GCs faster that way .. novel idea.

regards,

saras76

Prority Date

Man,

It's too bad.My priority date is Feb 10th.I have to wait one more month to file my I-485.God is testing patience..

GC

I am really feeling sorry for you. Pretty sure that you would be able to file it next month.

Good Luck

GC_AIR said:
Man,

It's too bad.My priority date is Feb 10th.I have to wait one more month to file my I-485.God is testing patience..

GC

2020:
H1B Visa Availability 30,000
Indians Applied: 100
20,000 Visas Unclaimed and will be lost.
USCIS has to shed half its workforce because of no interest in GreenCards.
All Priority dates are Current.
USCIS along with consulates in India is launching a marketing campaign to attract Indians back again with automatic GreenCard.

:) That should be funny.

Make a aguess

kamrans said:
I am really feeling sorry for you. Pretty sure that you would be able to file it next month.

Good Luck

Make a guess and let me know when I would be current... My PD is March 15, 2001 EB3 India

nyte_crawler said:
2020:
USCIS along with consulates in India is launching a marketing campaign to attract Indians back again with automatic GreenCard.

I wish it should happen in reality :)

May be not.

saras76 said:
It really got me thinking that maybe it would best for a lot of us to wait for our US born children to turn 21 and sponsor us. We may get our GCs faster that way .. novel idea.

15-20 years is really a very big time period in this fast evolving world...
May be by then U will be sponsoring work permit for Ur kids back home.

Cheap and abundant labor coupled with next 10 years of technology .... might make even the small villages in the east more productive and low cost...

Reverse immigration is quite possible in next 20 years ... already it is happening in China.

I would work at the Indian Embassy in US and reject visas for any such US official looking to visit India for such marketing of GC's. I would provide him/her with an RFE and ultimately reject it.

Now that would be history repeating itself.

madgu-gc2005 said:
I wish it should happen in reality :)

Correction

It would be instant citizenship not automatic GreenCard for paper recduction act bla bla bla..... :D

nyte_crawler said:
2020:

2020 . VB will have section for Posthumous GC award :

Posthumous GC award : Jan 2020

1. Akbari PD 1/1998..
note: can legally stay in his grave till judgement day !!!! :D

Akbari said:

1. Akbari PD 1/1998..

what if 485 is rejected? the remains will be barred for 3 or 10 years depending on how long the remains remain in the grave.

Maybe you will be entered in the Guiness book of records for having your fingerprints taken the most number of times.

Also don't forget to file form AR-11 when you change your *residence*! :D

Akbari said:

1. Akbari PD 1/1998..