Visa Appointment Scam

karangara

A friend told me that he could get an appointment to Madras consulate Interview through an outside agency by paying 1000+ rupees. It seems there are some people working on this scam. They do fake reservations and then using multiple terminals, they cancel one and send the original one by receiving money.

This says why there is so much reservation which is not even avaialble till next year. I do not know whether tt services is part of this scam or not. But decided to inform the Chennai consulate and california senator immediately.

If anybody have any informaiton regarding this, please post it here.

frauds in visa appointment

this is very true and rampant in delhi also. the rates could vary from 2500 to 10000 rupees. the agents book all available slots and roam about outside the embassy openly demanding money. if you ask tt services for help regarding preponing your appointment they will direct you to one of these services means they have full knowledge of the scam

karangara said:
A friend told me that he could get an appointment to Madras consulate Interview through an outside agency by paying 1000+ rupees. It seems there are some people working on this scam. They do fake reservations and then using multiple terminals, they cancel one and send the original one by receiving money.

This says why there is so much reservation which is not even avaialble till next year. I do not know whether tt services is part of this scam or not. But decided to inform the Chennai consulate and california senator immediately.

If anybody have any informaiton regarding this, please post it here.
I don't know for which consulates in India(I think) is concerned,but seems this is ALREADY TAKEN CARE OF.This is unheard of in other countries
even in busy seekers country like Mexico.
Check attorney MURTHY bulletin this week under NIV.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it is true

I was smelling this for quite some time but I dont know why I was inactive. I was desperate for getting an early appointment and a friend recommended me the services of some photocopy shop in front of ttservices, jhandewalan which she actually used and paid Rs.3000 for an appointment within 3 days.

In her words, the agent didn't hesitated to come forward with his offer when she was discussing about the non-availability of apointment with her husband outside tt services.

The bargain was" Kya saab J2 ke liye teen hazaar rupaye ko jyada bata rahey hain, H1 ka appointment hota to paanch hazaar leta, upar tak sabko samazhna padta hai, mai akela thodey hi na kha loonga sab "

I am ashamed that some of our friends have to take such options and the cascading effect is felt by a majority.

This is very true,I had a recent appointment in chennai consul. and I witnessed couple of incidents where in people are paying money to get earlier appointment.

But now I see that TTS has removed the modify/cancel option from the website.I am not sure if it will reduce the scam but it surely affecting the genuine people,as they are not able to modify their booked appointment.

Again I dont know how removing the modfy/cancel option helps,all that TTS needs to do is check for valid PP numbers and name.It is just a small validation.

Who knows what's happening in the inside.

This is clearly a huge scam

It is very obvious that this whole appointment thing is engulfed in scam. How on earth can one think that all appointments 6 months from today are gone for visitor visas? I don't know the network that is trying to make money out of this, but am not sure if tts is involved too.
I'm trying to get an appointment for my parents in Feb and I see no slots opening up. Not only is this done for money, but I know quite a few people who block multiple dates with the help of other friends so that if the visa is rejected the first time, they can use the other booking to schedule another appointment quickly.
Too bad... we tend to always misuse a system.

Btw, does anyone know why are the dates always "N" and when would they open up?

Thnx,
Piske

Help regarding availability for date

Hi,

Does anyone know when these dates would open up for February atleast. For h1b, all dates are showing as full.

The dumb thing about the ttservices.com site is that after I spend 15 minutes filling up all details and reach the check availibility page, I cannot save all the details and come back later.. Horrible bunch of guys...No refresh options also available.

If you want to go to US, this is now the latest HURDLE.. What a cranky site..

Does anyone know any better way of doing this. Pls help if you have any suggestions how I can save the details

How ?

Now the question that remains unanswered is how to get appointment from the site.Iam trying to get visitor visa for my parents from the past one month. I have nt seen any slots open.For Chennai consulate,its filled until Feb 20 and it didnt open after that. So, Its a difficult thing to get appointment. If you know of any means to get appoinment, please let me know.

check appt dates on ttsvisas

u can check the appt dates without entering all the details on ttsvisas website.

i read on rediff that from oct 3, the visa applicants will have to pay the application fee (4K Rs) at a bank counter while booking the appt. does that mean that people in the US will not be able to book an appt for their relatives in india?

also my when my parents went to the interview on 09/14, they did not understand the consular officer's accent and so asked for a tamil translator. They were asked to book another appt specifically asking for one. They were also told that they wont have to pay the application fee again. There are no open dates for appt on the web and i am not sure if we will have to pay the app fee again after oct 3 when we book the appt.

Any thoughts?

santaman