Visa application approved but needs additional administrative processing

TIlo

Registered Users (C)
If someone has any information, please do reply.

I am from pakistan and gave interview for H1-B first time in Islamabad.

The interviewing officer did not return my passport and gave me a white sheet, which says

Your non-immigrant visa application has been approved. However, your application must undergo some additional administrative processing before your visa can be printed. The time will vary case by case but may take up to two months or more...

What the above statements mean? Am I rejected the visa or am I accepted and just need to wait? Is it normal or I am at risk or lost it?

If someone has any information, please do reply.

I am from pakistan and gave interview for H1-B first time in Islamabad.

The interviewing officer did not return my passport and gave me a white sheet, which says

Your non-immigrant visa application has been approved. However, your application must undergo some additional administrative processing before your visa can be printed. The time will vary case by case but may take up to two months or more...

What the above statements mean? Am I rejected the visa or am I accepted and just need to wait? Is it normal or I am at risk or lost it?

it clearly says that visa is approved, you need to wait. i don't want to deject you but it can take between 2 to 4 months, Can your employer wait that long? you know what i got mine in just 1 month, one of my friend got in 2 weeks, it depends. now these days security check, name check blah blah blah..

Don't you worry you'll be in USA some day...
:D

Hi TIlo,

I am also on the same boat. Yesterday i had the interview and visa officier took my degrees and transcript and said you will get these from american express once after we have completed some verification. Will you share your findings and experience uptill now? Have you received any call from american express?

i don't know what to tell you but let you guys know about my stupid story infact now even i laugh telling to other people
i was interviewed for immigration visa in islamabad in JAN 2008 it was based on marriage to a US citizen and they returned my passport and gave me a blue paper saying that it need futher administrative processing, and they will let me know when its done. i haven't received any call yet and whenever i emailed at pakivinfo@state.gov just received an automatic email of FAQs.
but they retained your passport may will you will get it soon and other thing is your case is totally different so....
best of luck sir ... and plz keep updating here

mr ybutt did they gave u a paper list of approved courrier services which has a number
on it [like a token number]with the blue paper.pls reply thanks

Hi TIlo and leo_adnan,

I am also on the same boat with you guys. I took my visa interview on 19th dec and got white sheet with same as mentioned in TIlo post.

Please update this post whenever you have any news regarding to your case.

Thanks a lot,
manXP :)

I am still waiting, it is more than 4 months.

To idnk --> Will you tell your interview date and is it your first time H1-B and have you ever been to USA before?

To everyone --> Please update your status.

well i gave my interview on 26th november 2008, and they kept my degree and passport and gave me that approval sheet which said review of educational docs required.
and yes i have been to USA b4, i got my bachelors from virginia. i was in US for bout 5 years.

and yes this is my first time H1 application.

I think that the duration of this whole process depends a lot on your name too. For instance, the names which inculde Ali, Ahmad, Muhammad, Khan etc. needs much longer than quite unique names.