VFS question - Chennai consulate - H1 and H4

slc_ut

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am working in US on H-1B visa. I am planning to visit India during July 2006. I am getting married in the same month. Myself and my wife want to visit Chennai consulate for my H-1B visa stamping and my wife's H-4 visa stamping.

I know that, once the Application Fee and VFS Service Charge are paid at a designated branch of HDFC bank, I will have to use the barcode number from HDFC Bank Fee Receipt in order to schedule my appointment. I also know that i can add my wife's name as the dependent when i am scheduling my appointment.

My question is, will the HDBC bank issue another barcode number for my wife, when we pay the Application Fee and VFS Service Charge for her? Also, in the dependent's section where i add my wife's name, is there a place where i need to add this another barcode number for my wife?

Also, can you give me the list of HDFC bank locations where we can pay the Application Fee and VFS Service Charge.

Please let me know. I appreciate your reply.

Hi ,

Find comments for the questions you have raised

My question is, will the HDBC bank issue another barcode number for my wife, when we pay the Application Fee and VFS Service Charge for her?
Application Fee and VFS service chanrge needs to be paid seperately for you and your wife . So you will get seperate Receipts for both of you with different receipt nos.There is going to be a barcode number one for you and your wife.

Also, in the dependent's section where i add my wife's name, is there a place where i need to add this another barcode number for my wife?
Yes , once when you complete your DS 156 and DS157 , you will be requested to add dependants . You will be prompted for entering the passport no and Receipt no of your wife . Normally it takes 2 days for the receipt to get active.

Hi Friends,

Iam currently in the US on a H4 visa.

I got the barcode # of the DD I paid through my friend in India for the Visa Appointment at the US Consulate, Chennai.

Using the bar code, I did complete the applications DS 156, DS 157 and the petition couple weeks ago. The date I got for the appointment is May 12, 2006.

But after completing the application, the system did not give any options to print. It said come back to the site within 30 days and retrieve the application.

I visited the site again and I could not able to retrieve my application.

Also, when I fill out the forms online, lot of information was incomplete in the appropriate boxes because of the width of the box is not long enough to fit the data.

Please let me know how to fix these issues.

Thanks,