VFS appointment system

ciscodude

Registered Users (C)
Everybody

We all know about the VFS appointment system will not allow to prepone an appointment. You have to cancel and fill the forms to take a new appointment. This is a risky too since we might loose the original dates of appointment. This system is completely crap..but no other choice.

My questions..

1) I am going to cancel my existing appointment and fill the forms and save it. Keep checking for dates. When I find my desired date I am going to simply choose the date and book the appointment. It is a big risk but I hope I might get the dates. Have anybody had this experience of saving the forms and then choosing the date..does this work ..reply

2)What is the best time to look for appointments..Any experiences like wee hours or weekends..Anbody understands the logic of the appointment system.

Please add to this thread on booking appointments using the VFS system.

No emergency dates as well.

yes, vfs attitude is really bad.. I guess I will lose $200 I arlready paid to get an appointment.

I am trying to book appointment for H1B revalidation at Chennai consulate using VFS. I get the same dates (Sep 22 is the earliest) both for "Priority appointment" and normal appointment. Is this common or am I doing something wrong?

thanks,
Raghu.

well, for emergency appointment, I think you can apply at any of the four consulates for your H1b stamp.

now, there does not seem to be any logic with the way dates are released or when they become available. NVARS has atleast some logic like not allowing people to book appts more than 10 wks in advance, etc. The guys in India are still learning. I do think, however, it is not VFS but the consulates that make the various dates available to VFS which just post it.

all we can do is just try to check every day.
ImmPortal said:
yes, vfs attitude is really bad.. I guess I will lose $200 I arlready paid to get an appointment.

I am trying to book appointment for H1B revalidation at Chennai consulate using VFS. I get the same dates (Sep 22 is the earliest) both for "Priority appointment" and normal appointment. Is this common or am I doing something wrong?

thanks,
Raghu.