Very urgent-Please advice VA residents-Married to USC

chawls

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I filled my I485(married to USC) and other documents to norfolk,VA( later transferred to NBC) in Nov-04 and receipt notice( which I never received) was dated on 12/17/04.I completed my FP and bio in 05/05 and from that date online status is showing that FP results received. Thereafter I have not received any communciation from NBC about interview etc. Local office's i.e norfolk I485 is currently processing Jul-05 cases.I called USCIS three times in last three months about delay in my case for 7 months and everytime they put an inquiry and replied that I should be receiving some communication from USCIS, but nothing happened.Can somebody help me what should I do so that my case should process further? or If any body got interview notice from norfolk in these timelines, please share their valuable experiece to us.

thank you in advance.

thanks in advance

Two suggestions for next steps would be to -
1.) Schedule an infopass and visit your local DO to talk to an immigration officer and see what is going on. Sometimes that can get things moving. You can schedule an infopass from the USCIS site at www.uscis.gov.
2.) Contact your local congressman/woman and request them to help you. They have liaisons that deal with local immigration offices and can use their contacts to see if you can be helped.

Hope that helps
Regards

Hi... My Name Is Renee... My Post Doesn't Really Have An Answer For You, But I'd Like To Share My Experience With You. My Husband Is From Mexico. We Have Been Married Almost Four Years. He And I Applied For His Green Card And It Took Up To July 2005 To Actually Get The Visa Interview . Now Mind You That The Whole Process Was Started Before My ... Our Baby Was Born In January 2003. Over A Two Year Wait. Then After Me Calling And Calling And Aggravating These People He Finally Got A Visa Interview, And Little Did I Know That He Would Not Receive The Visa Because He Had Entered And Resided Here Illegally For 5 Years... We Thought He Would Automatically Get The Visa. So My Husband Has Been There Waiting Since July 2005...now 6 Months. We Have Applied For A Waiver And They Are Just Now Working On Cases Of May 2005..... His Is In July....... I Am About To Lose Our Home Because Of This And Gonna Have To Uproot My Daughter The Oldest One From School To Go To Another School Again. I Understand Why We Have Laws But This Is Killing Out Everything He Has Worked Hard For, And Leaving Me And My Girls Homeless... So I Can Kind Of Relate To Your Problem..... We Waited And Waited And Still Having To Wait, And I'm Just Praying They Will Approve His Waiver.....i Hate To Think Of A Nightmare Answer Saying He Cant Com Ehome To Us At All.... My Heart Aches... It Has Already Been 6 Months... And It Pains Me To Think I Am Not Gonna See My Husband Again For Maybe Another 6 Months... This Is Just Terrible..... And Not Fair To Me And My Girls

Usagringa,
I am sorry for you and your family. That is really awful. Hopefully everything is going to be fine very soon.
I have a question, if you do not mind. As I understand your husband came to USA cross the border, without inspection? Cause only in this case he would not be able to get that Green card at interview... Do you have any lawyer? If not who did fill papework? ( I am just trying to understand, how your husband got so far into the process and only at interview he was denied the GC).

Last edited by a moderator: