VERY URGENT- Gurus please help

485when

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for I-485 and working on EAD. My EAD expires in 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me how I can renew my EAD BEFORE IT EXPIRES.
Thank you for your help.

No Title

I think you can approach local INS and they can give you some kind of temporary EAD so that you can continue with your job

PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LAWYER BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. THIS IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE.

GARAMKUTTA

No Title

My guess is that you can not renew before it expires. Immediately download I-765 from : "http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm" and assemble all documents as specified in the instructions in the same document and FedEx it to VSC in the fastest mode available. You need to enclose two pictures and $100 as mentioned in the instructions. Also read the instructions couple of times and then fill out the form. Some of the local INS offices do it locally but only if you have waited with VSC for 3 months. Findout about your nearest INS local office from here:
"http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/alphaa.htm" (Go to "About Us" section of your local INS to see whether they do EAD locally)

No Title

The EAD renewal should be started within the range of 180 days to 90
days before the expire date as per INS regulation. It would be a safe
practice to file with your service centre where you filed i485.

As you have just 2 weeks before expire date, I would rather suggest
that you file locally where they do EAD.

I believe you can keep working without EAD after filing for about 90
days. If donot hear anything in 90 days then you are allowed to file for a temp EAD locally.

Hope this helps .

No Title

Actually the EAD can be renewed locally at INS offices where you reside within 2 weeks before expiry. One of my friends actually did it that way at local INS (Federal Plaza in NY City). The renewal was processed the same day. Whether it is the same at all locations or not, I don\'t know. Definitely check with a lawyer to see if the local INS can handle the renewal and if not VSC is your only resource. Unfortunately it takes 2-3 months these days unless I am really wrong in assumption based on postings on these forums.

Bhanu

No Title

Renew it ASAP, unless you are on H1. You are not supposed to work (and employer may not let you also) without approved EAD!

If you renew your EAD 90 days in advance, you may go to local INS office to get an interim EAD with the receipt. Sometimes it takes more than 90 days to get EAD approved!

Some local INS offices renew EAD, if you visit in person. Try your luck.