VERY URGENT: gurus please advice me. I-485 is approved as per AVM an travelling india tomorrow nig

ram M

Registered Users (C)
Please... please ... read and advice me. i am in great need....

My I-485 is approved as per AVM (the message is changed today evening only)
and on 03/12/02 approval notice is mailed as per AVM.

I have not received my approval notice courtesy copy (and my lawer also
not recieved) by mail and i am traveling to India tomorrow night by
singapore airlines.

could you gurus please advice me whether i need to postpone my trip
which costs me alot and disturb all my plans or i can go ahead and travel
to india tomorrow.

My lawyer is advising me to postpone my trip as my AP is invalid once GC
is got approved.

My question is: since i have not received my approval notice in Mail, as
far as i am concerned my status is I-485 pending and i can travel to
India (let us assume that i have not check AVM).
As I donot have valid H1 stamp i have to use AP
Is there any problem while re-entering US using AP.

FYI,
RD: 06/27
ND: 08/23
FP Done: 12/29 (scheduled on 01/31)
AVM : Jan 17th processing resumed
AD: message changed today saying that GC is approved and
     notice is mailed on 03/12

is there anybody who had the same situation as mine and travel to india

is there anybody who had the same situation as mine and travel to india.

please advice me...

There have been some posters who have been approved...

when they were abroad. They found out on the AVM about their approval. They re-entered the US on their AP. Even then it was a grey area. But, their problem was that they were already out of the US. They had to come back somehow.
You on the other hand are still in the US. Delaying your trip by a week would cost you some penalty that the Airline imposes for postponing your journey. That should be about $100 to $200 per ticket. The only other hassle is whether you would get seats on your new flight. That also is not too big a hassle considering this is off-peak season unless you are connecting to Air-India at Singapore.
Weigh all the factors and costs before you decide to take the huge risk and fly. Your Lawyer is correct. The AP or H1 becomes invalid as soon as you GC is approved. So, you would risk returning on an invalid document. If you had already been in India at the time of approval, you could argue your case at the port-of-entry. I don\'t know if you will have a valid argument now.
Bottomline, If I were you, I would check tomorrow\'s mail and If your approval arrives you can plan on getting your stamp on Friday and take the next available flight to India(Again, If you are flying to Mumbai all on Singapore Airlines, you will have no problem. On the other hand, If you are connecting to Air-india going to say, Hyd, you may face some difficulty getting seats).
If you don\'t get your approval tomorrow talk to the airlines and see if you can keep your ticket open until you know for sure when you can travel. The penalty should not change. If you are going to a time sensitive event like a wedding then you have a tougher decision.

ram M

Are you seriously considering going abroad and jeopardising your green card. Is this not funny ?
People do not want to take a chance and you wish to go in spite of your lawyer explaining to you that it is not correct and technically your AP is invalid

Man this is the limit ?

One more thing- in International flights there is no penalty for changing your flight(delay) even if you do not show up and change after ever 1,2,3 months no problem ur money will go nowwhere

Call your travel agent if u dont believe me
this is IATA rules (International Airline Travel association) which governs the rules of all major airlines

Dont risk it

Thanks for valuable advices

Hi

Thanks for your advices.
   I made up my mind, and canceled my trip.
  Now I am waiting for my paperwork , Once I get stamped on paasport , I will take next available
  flight ( As this is my first trip to India after 3 years.)
  Once again thanks for Dee rod , rsrgc, hello_1, GodBlessForEver.
  Many thanks to Pcee..

Thanks
Ram M